BTS System Architect, Baseband Platforms
Position description and career opportunities
The baseband platform architecture organization in Wroclaw is a strongly growing team in the Mobile Networks business group of Nokia that is responsible to define the baseband processing and base station architecture of our products. This includes optimization of radio algorithms, dimensioning of hardware, software and system-on-chip components of our products, mapping of the algorithms to the defined architecture, and preparation of the product implementation as such.
Within this organization, a newly created team in Wroclaw looks into development and verification of base station (BTS) system level technologies and architecture concepts. The BTS System Architecture team is one of the first in the process of development of new base station products. From technology development via prototype implementations and technology scouting, through specification of key system functionalities, to full product architecture specifications. Our major ongoing activity is architecture definition for 2021 generation of Nokia’s BTS products, with some of the key drivers being massive-MIMO, cloud-RAN, new architecture splits and new interface definitions. Additionally, we participate in various proof-of-concept implementation and benchmarking activities, evaluating potential new system components and solutions.
Scope of the team covers all major architecture domains of a base station system, including radio system domain (e.g. for 5G or LTE) and common system functions, such as security, synchronization, testability etc. This enables a wide range of roles to be available within the team, e.g. technical analysis, prototyping, system specification and design. Depending on the candidate’s background profiling of the role is possible either towards specification or prototyping.
The exemplary career development path goes from technical analysis engineer, through technology development/prototyping/system specification expert to an architecture category owner coordinating product R&D activities across multiple organizations.
As a BTS System Architect, you work on defining architecture of Nokia’s future base station products. Your job is to capture key system requirements and design the best implementation approaches considering both hardware and software components. This includes selecting an appropriate technology, creating an implementation strategy and evaluating different potential options. To select appropriate technical solution you conduct technical analysis of the available options involving functional modeling, complexity analysis and where applicable practical implementations and benchmarking.
- Sc. in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar technical field, a Ph.D. is a plus
- experience with hardware technologies like:
- Computing architectures (e.g. microcontrollers, DSP, FPGA, SoC)
- Interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, PCIe, SRIO, CPRI, OBSAI)
- Testability, synchronization, power management, etc.
- experience with UML/SysML modeling language and/or visual modeling team collaboration tools
- knowledge of HW design and modeling tools and techniques (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, SystemC, Matlab)
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- customer- and result-oriented attitude
- good analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- pro-activeness, creativity and self-motivation
- background in software design
- experience with large scale systems
- experience in design of hardware products
- knowledge of mobile network technologies, radio system architecture, functions and standards (3GPP)
If you are interested in this job offer:
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Nokia
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
What We Offer
- projects that are rapidly evolving and are not in the maintenance mode
- dealing with latest processing technologies
- contributing to development of future telco solutions
- variety of projects with different focus areas
- flexible and friendly working environment
- possibility to develop your skills in multicultural environment
- on the job activities which revolve not only around project development (open source projects, H@ckathons – own initiatives development during brain storm programming – during work hours!)
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on one’s achievements
- medical care for you/your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sport card, tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket
- lunch cards
- and more…