C/C++ SW Architect
Position description and career opportunities
Our team is working on creating solutions for mobile telecommunication industry for current and future networks: starting from 2G, through 3G and 4G, to 5G and beyond. We define the architecture to create robust system, able to offer unique experience, like high data throughput, short communication latency and good voice quality.
A system is composed of various elements with HW, SW and SoC (System-On-Chip) components. Part of our job is to define what should be implemented by which component. This includes selecting an appropriate technology, creating an implementation strategy and evaluating different potential options.
We are open to using different techniques that help to optimize the system, like simulation and modeling, statistical and data mining techniques, new programing languages or computing concepts (like cloud and edge cloud). Being open‑minded is the key!
Our multinational team cooperates closely with organizations across the world to analyze customer requirements, propose technical solution and guide the implementation.
As a SW Architect, you must be able to analyze and solve complex problems. You are responsible for capturing key requirements for your SW domain to define scalable architecture. You guide the implementation teams to transform the requirements into efficient and testable implementation. In order to select appropriate technical solution, you may launch and supervise a study work exploring the options according to defined criteria. It is important in your work to identify and set not only functional requirements for SW components, but also performance and reliability requirements (including, requirements towards HW and SoC). You must be also aware how the requirements could be tested in efficient way.
- experience with defining SW Architecture and analyzing system performance aspects
- ability to identify key risks for given SW domain and defining necessary actions to minimize them
- communicating technical concepts in clear and understandable way
- understanding of distributed and parallel processing
- knowledge of Unix/Linux/Posix, Real-Time Operating Systems, processors’ architectures and embedded systems
- knowledge of programming (C, C++) and modeling languages (UML, SystemC, Matlab)
- good communication in English (both written and spoken)
- customer- and result-oriented attitude
- good analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- pro-activeness, creativity and self-motivation
- experience in requirement engineering
- cloud computing
- good knowledge of mobile network technologies, radio system architecture, functions and standards (3GPP)
- experience with large scale systems
If you are interested in this job offer:
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Nokia
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
What we offer
- projects that are rapidly evolving and are not in the maintenance mode
- dealing with latest processing technologies
- contributing to development of future telco solutions
- variety of projects with different focus areas
- flexible and friendly working environment
- possibility to develop your skills in multicultural environment
- on the job activities which revolve not only around project development (open source projects, H@ckathons – own initiatives development during brain storm programming – during work hours!)
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on one’s achievements
- medical care for you/your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sport card, tickets to cinema, theater, opera, e-ticket
- lunch cards
- and more…