The Product Manager is accountable for the complete product lifecycle of products / application, from conception and scale-up through to ramp-down, including release update planning and execution. Ensures product competitiveness, stickiness, and excellent customer experience, as well as improve Customer Perceived Value Index (CPVI) through the respective product / application. Responsible for providing updated product / application roadmaps, delivery guidelines, sales guidance as well as the achievement of revenue and profitability goals of the assigned product / application.
This specific Product Manager will be responsible to drive Network Management Applications (Configuration Management, Tracing, Software Management) towards next generation, cloud native software based on latest technologies and standards.
Network management system provides mobile network operators with a comprehensive view of multi-domain, multi-technology networks, including 5G, 4G/LTE, 3G and 2G. It offers best-in-class applications for daily network operations, including configuration management, monitoring and surveillance, user and system administration, software management & tracing.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- interprets critical internal or external business issues and develops innovative solutions that help to sustain competitive advantage (EG responsible for a complete lifecycle of a particular Nokia product and thus using comprehensive analyses to collect information required to its professional management).
- responsible for alignment amongst sales team and customer on key product priorities (EG selling the product roadmap to the customer).
- defines processes and standards (EG ensuring Nokia products are always up-to-date, competitive and profitable).
- uses knowledge on how the job contributes to the corporate goals as well as knowledge of industry and competitive landscape to increase own effectiveness (EG understanding customer requirements and market conditions to draw conclusions on how to increase sales by excellence in customer experience and product competitiveness).
- influences strategic decisions within professional area that affect the performance of the subfunction (EG influencing decisions regarding the conception of a new products).
- solves highly complex or novel problems based on sophisticated analytical thought and complex judgment.
- independently develops concepts to set the professional direction of own organizational unit (EG leading end-to-end product lifecycle management activities).
- acts as a senior subject matter expert, typically at a global or regional level, in many organizational units the most senior internal expert who serves as best practice / quality resource and is an acknowledged authority both within and outside own organizational unit.
- often leads functional teams or projects with considerable resource requirements, risk, and complexity, handles day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work.
- contributes to the effective contribution of key financial KPIs (P&L)
- several years of relevant experience (e.g. in product management, services, architecture or technical sales) working for telco vendors or CSPs (Communication Service Providers)
- a deep understanding of web, mobile and telco technologies, standards, best practices, and how these can be leveraged to drive customer engagement
- experience with Telecom OSS/BSS/NMS products
- good interpersonal and networking capabilities & skills
- working autonomously in own subject area
- decision making skills and prioritizing own work
- experience in managing a cross functional/international team
- good communication skills (inside organization as well as in front of partners & customers)
- excellent written and oral communication in English
- Bachelor/master’s in engineering and/or MBA